Book Title: Downsizing The Family Home: What to Save, What to Let Go
Author: Marni Jameson
- Downsizing the Family Home: A Workbook: What to Save, What to Let Go
- ABA/AARP Checklist for My Family: A Guide to My History, Financial Plans and Final Wishes
- Get It Together: Organize Your Records So Your Family Won't Have To
- Sell, Keep, or Toss?: How to Downsize a Home, Settle an Estate, and Appraise Personal Property
- Let It Go: Downsizing Your Way to a Richer, Happier Life
- The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter
- Moving for Seniors: A Step-by-Step Workbook
- Peace of Mind Planner: Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
- I'm Dead, Now What? Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
- The Ultimate Guide to Downsizing: Downsize Your Life to Upsize Your Lifestyle
“This is essential reading for anyone clearing out your own or a loved one’s home. . . . invaluable.” —The Wall Street Journal
It’s a rite of passage almost no one will escape: the difficult, emotional journey of downsizing your or your aging parents' home. Here, nationally syndicated home columnist Marni Jameson sensitively guides readers through the process, from opening that first closet, to sorting through a lifetime's worth of possessions, to selling the homestead itself. Using her own personal journey as a basis, she helps you figure out a strategy and create a mindset to accomplish the task quickly, respectfully, rewardingly—and, in the best of situations, even memorably. Throughout, she combines her been-there experience with insights from national experts—antiques appraisers, garage-sale gurus, professional organizers, and psychologists—to offer practical wisdom and heartwarming advice so you know with certainty what to keep, toss or sell.
Winner of: the 2017 Gold National Mature Media Award; the 2017 Silver EXCEL Award in the General Audience Book category; the 2016 Silver Nautilus Award; and the 2016 Bronze National Mature Media Award!