Book Title: Downsizing the Family Home: A Workbook: What to Save, What to Let Go
Author: Marni Jameson
- Downsizing The Family Home: What to Save, What to Let Go
- ABA/AARP Checklist for My Family: A Guide to My History, Financial Plans and Final Wishes
- Get It Together: Organize Your Records So Your Family Won't Have To
- Sell, Keep, or Toss?: How to Downsize a Home, Settle an Estate, and Appraise Personal Property
- Let It Go: Downsizing Your Way to a Richer, Happier Life
- I'm Dead, Now What? Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
- Love Your Age: The Small-Step Solution to a Better, Longer, Happier Life
- The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter
- Moving for Seniors: A Step-by-Step Workbook
- Great Jobs for Everyone 50 +, Updated Edition: Finding Work That Keeps You Happy and Healthy...and Pays the Bills
Building on the award-winning Downsizing the Family Home, this guide—part journal, part workbook, part scrapbook—gently walks downsizers through their profound journey.
It’s just stuff! Maybe so, but sorting through it all and quieting the emotions that downsizing stirs up is difficult—whether you’re going through your own or your parents’ home. This indispensable workbook provides valuable advice and how-to checklists along with a place to reflect, record, and retain an important piece of family history, even as you let go.
Nationally syndicated columnist Marni Jameson covers these topics, and more:
- Nostalgia: Memories—not things—matter. Learn to let go of the guilt and sadness that downsizing awakens as you sort through the feelings along with the stuff.
- Endow: Discover why you cling to possessions, and find the freedom to move on to the next chapter in your life.
- Downsize: Roll up your sleeves and dive in! Figure out what to toss, sell, donate, and keep, all while maintaining harmony in the family.
- Keepsakes: Save just enough to keep warm memories alive without creating clutter.
Readers can easily apply the tips and takeaways they’ll learn here as they clear, sort, sell, save . . . and chronicle.